Formatted search is a feature in SAP Business One that allows users to enter data in a field using a predefined search method
Based on the specified search criteria, formatted queries are created that can be saved for later use. With the help of the structured search, one can search for Business partners, Customer orders and stock items based on specific criteria such as name, code and date range. Formatted searches can be accessed from the search bar in the SAP Business One main menu and can be configured according to individual needs.
Suppose you want to find all customer orders created between 1 and 31 January of this year, and you are only interested in orders with a total value of more than 1,000.00 EUR
To create this formatted search, you need to follow the steps below:
- Select the search bar from the main menu.
- Select "Sales Order" from the drop-down menu.
- To open the advanced search window, click on the "Advanced" button.
- In the advanced search window you can specify the desired search criteria. For example, you can specify the date range in the "Creation date" field and ">1000" in the "Total" field.
- Click on the "Search" button to perform a search. The system displays a list of all customer orders that match the specified criteria.
- If you want to save this search for later use, click on the "Save as" button and enter a name for the search. You can select this search from the list of saved searches in the search bar the next time you want to perform this search.