The information about the payments received by the company is stored in the ORCT table of SAP Business One. The entries in the table each denote a single payment received from either a customer or a supplier.
The ORCT table stores information such as the payment identification number, the date the payment was made, the amount of the payment and the name of the linked customer or supplier. Further information can be added to the transaction such as the payment status, comments, the linked business code and the Currency be added to the payment.
The ORCT table in SAP Business One is closely linked to a number of other modules in the application, including the sales order module and the invoicing module. This allows each incoming payment to be assigned to a specific order or invoice, making accounting and management of requirements simplified. The fields of the ORCT table include:
- DocNum: The number of the payment documentation is stored here.
- DocType: This field defines the type of payment (e.g. cash, bank transfer, cheque).
- CardCode: The code of the customer or supplier to whom the payment is assigned is stored here.
- DocDate: The date of payment is stored in this field.
- DocTotal: The total amount of the payment is stored here.
- CashSum: This field stores the cash amount of the payment.
- TrsfrSum: The amount of the transfer payment is stored here.
- Remarks: Comments or remarks about the payment can be saved in this field.
- InvType: Here the type of the associated invoice is defined (e.g. sales invoice, purchase invoice).