SAP Business One is also widely used among manufacturing companies. This is, of course, also due to some PPS - Add ons to thank for this. But what usually has to be done in the project with the combination of SAP Business One and add-on is the integration with CAD systems.
Exchange of article data and parts lists with CAD
However, there is now an offer for this as well. The ERP connector is the link between a design department and SAP Business One. With it, an interface for the bidirectional exchange of article data and parts lists has been realised.
Of the Entegra Vault ERP Connector is an ERP-neutral interface between Inventor and SAP Business One The Connector links articles, bills of materials, documents and projects or orders between Inventor/Vault and SAP Business One. It saves multiple manual entries, ensures consistency between design and SAP Business One and improves the quality of your data and processes.
The CAD/ERP Connector provides a wide range of functions:
- New generation of Vault articles from SAP Business One
- New creation of SAP Business One items from the Vault
- Bidirectional update of articles
- Handling of semi-finished products
Parts list alignment
- Transfer of CAD parts lists incl. item numbers
- Update parts lists
- Transfer of documents
- CAD formats and neutral formats
- Transfer of the character status
- Transfer Vault Web Links
Project and order management
- Bidirectional synchronisation
- Reconciliation of orders from SAP Business One with Vault projects
- Project status handover
- Project documents Handover
- Transfer of selection lists from SAP Business One
- Designation catalogues identical
- Transfer of CAD parts lists
- Transfer of drawing files
- Transfer of the drawing status
- Handling semi-finished products
- The entire range of functions of Inventor and AutoCAD is retained
- Items are created via the interface directly from Vault in the SAP Business One application system
Based on the Autodesk data management system Vault
The interface is based on the Autodesk data management system Vault Professional and an ERP connector. Vault takes over the management of the CAD data. The data is connected to SAP Business One via an XML format using the ERP connector.
"Vault" is derived from the English word for "safe".
Autodesk Vault is a PDM (= Product Data Management) programmewhich enables the secure management of all data created during the drafting, construction and design process. All documents associated with drawings or orders, such as quotations to customers, Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, correspondence, can also be included in the management.